Print Andrew [email protected] up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up REPORTS of a missing woman this Sunday night emerged to be a false alarm, albeit with good intent, emergency services have said.Shortly after 8:30pm the alarm was raised that a woman was seen very close to the canal on Old Park Road, Corbally.Further reports emerged that someone believed they heard a person shouting for help from The Shannonfields / Lucas Pond area.Limerick city fire and rescue mobilised three fire appliances including specially trained swift water rescue technicians.The coast guard helicopter Shannon based rescue 115 arrived to assist by using its thermal imaging camera and its search light assisted in the search.Limerick Marine Search and Rescue also mobilised its crews and water crafts.The search was stood down just after 10pm and it was put down as a false alarm with good intent. NewsBreaking newsSearch crews stood down over false alarmBy Staff Reporter – October 4, 2015 629 Facebook WhatsApp Previous articleOctober, November concerts for St Mary’s CathedralNext articleGAA – Action from Patrickswell versus Adare SHC Semi Final Staff Reporterhttp://www.limerickpost.ie Linkedin Advertisement Twitter Email
Canady, Luce to serve on Capital Cases Commission Canady, Luce to serve on Capital Cases Commission February 15, 2004 Regular News Second District Court of Appeal Judge Charles T. Canady and Sixth Circuit Judge Richard A. Luce have been appointed to the Florida Legislature’s Commission on Capital Cases by Gov. Jeb Bush. Judge Canady’s and Judge Luce’s terms run from January 9, 2004, through August 25, 2005.The Commission on Capital Cases was created in 1997 by the Florida Legislature. F.S. Chapter 27.709 (2)(a) provides that the commission “shall review the administration of justice in capital collateral cases, receive relevant public input, review the operation of the capital collateral regional counsel offices (CCRC), and advise and make recommendations to the governor, legislature and the Supreme Court.”Aside from overseeing the capital collateral regional counsel offices, the commission also supervises the state’s registry where private attorneys sign up to handle collateral appeals in death penalty cases. Private attorneys handle conflict cases from the state’s two CCRCs covering the middle and southern parts of the state and all of the cases in the northern part of the state.Judge Canady replaces former Supreme Court Justice Parker Lee McDonald, and Judge Luce replaces the late retired First District Court of Appeal Judge Charles E. Miner, Jr.Other members of the commission are Sen. Walter “Skip” Campbell, Jr., D-Tamarac, Sen. Alex Villalobos, R-Miami, Rep. Sandra “Sandy” Adams, R-Oviedo, and Rep. Dan Gelber, D-Miami Beach.More information about the Commission on Capital Cases can be found at www.floridacapitalcases.state.fl.us.
The Ministry of Youth and Sports (MYS) in collaboration with the Liberia Basketball Association (LBA) has finally fixed the date for the 2014/2015 Upcountry Basketball Tournament for Tuesday, March 13 to Friday, March 16, 2015.The four-day basketball festival would be held at the auditorium of the William V.S. Tubman-Gray United Methodist High School in Gbarnga, Bong County.Assistant Sports Minister Murvee Gray told the Daily Observer yesterday that the tourney would bring six schools from four counties.They are Gboveh High School, the William V.S. Tuman-Gray United Methodist High School and the St. Martin Lutheran High School in Bong County. The rest are the Brooker Washington Institute (BWI) in Margibi County; St. Mary’s Catholic School in Nimba County and the Voinjama Multilateral High School in Lofa County.Minister Gray said the tourney is usually held in November since its re-launch in 2012, but it was decided for March to be considered as a joint festival having been unsuccessful last year November, owing to the outbreak of the deadly Ebola Virus Disease (EVD).“The reduction of participating schools in this year’s tourney is because of lack of funds,” Ministry Gray said.Ebola preventive measures would be part of a one-day clinical basketball seminar to be held the weekend to the commencement of the festival, Asst. Minister Gray averred.It may be recalled that in 2013 Margibi-based Booker Washington Institute (BWI) whipped Ganta United Methodist High School 50-47 to win the reactivated Championship at the William V.S Tubman Gray United Methodist High School Gymnasium in Gbarnga City.Ganta United Methodist of Nimba County lost the gigantic trophy last year when they suffered similar defeat at the hands of St. Martin High School in 2012. The competition was initiated in the 1970s to help promote the game among high schools in the central region, which at the time comprised of Bong, Lofa and Nimba Counties.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREGame Center: Chargers at Kansas City Chiefs, Sunday, 10 a.m.Rome daily La Repubblica reported Saturday that Vatican officials recognized the monsignor’s office in the background of the program, which aired Oct. 1. The Rev. Federico Lombardi, a Vatican spokesman, said the Italian monsignor was suspended while the case was under investigation. “Higher-ups are evaluating the situation with the necessary reserve and with the obligatory respect for the person involved, even if this person has erred,” Lombardi said. Vatican officials “had to intervene decisively and with the severity required by conduct not compatible with priestly service and with the mission of the Holy See,” he added. While the Vatican rarely comments on individual sex scandals, this case directly touched the Holy See, apparently prompting the confirmation of the report. Vatican teaching holds that homosexual activity is a sin. Stenico said to call back later in the day when he would have more to say, but later attempts to reach him were not successful. The Italian news agency ANSA quoted him as saying he had sent his superiors “a dutiful memo” about the case. Milan daily Corriere della Sera had previously reported that a young man had contacted La7 and said he had been in contact with several priests on chat lines popular with gay men. Corriere said La7 then filmed encounters between the man and priests with a hidden camera. A woman identifying herself as a producer for La7’s “Exit” program declined to comment about the case, saying only that the program could be viewed on the network’s Web site. In the program, the faces of those speaking with the young man are obscured and their voices altered so they would not be recognized. The man La Repubblica identified as the Vatican official can be heard saying that “he didn’t feel he was sinning” by having sex with gay men and asking his visitor if he liked him.160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! VATICAN CITY – The Vatican said Saturday it has suspended a monsignor from a senior post at the Holy See after an Italian TV program using a hidden camera recorded him making advances to a young man and asserting that gay sex was not sinful. The Vatican did not identify the monsignor by name. But Monsignor Tommaso Stenico confirmed in a telephone interview with The Associated Press that he had been suspended from his post at the Vatican’s Congregation for Clergy, an office which aims to ensure proper conduct by priests. “Don’t condemn me,” Stenico said, adding that the program “was done fraudulently” because it used a hidden camera. In the program on private Italian network La7, a man identified as a priest is heard saying that he “didn’t feel he was sinning” by having sex with gay men.