Tag Archives: 上虞江南一品

Parmigiano-Reggiano and Butternut Squash Soup

first_imgParmigiano-Reggiano and Butternut Squash SoupWHAT YOU NEEDSign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up 150g Parmigiano-Reggiano, with rind25g butter1 large onion, finely chopped1 medium butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and chopped into chunks900ml hot vegetable stock150ml milksalt and freshly ground black pepper, to season4-6 slices French breadfresh parsley or thyme, chopped to garnishWHAT TO DOReserve the rind from the Parmigiano-Reggiano, cut into chunks, then finely grate the cheese.Melt butter in a large saucepan, gently fry onion for about three minutes, until softened, but not browned. Add butternut squash, vegetable stock and Parmigiano-Reggiano rind. Heat until mixture is just simmering, then turn heat to low and cook gently for about 20 minutes, partially covered, until vegetables are soft and tender.Remove rind from saucepan, transfer soup to blender or food processor and add most of the grated cheese, reserving about 25g (1oz) for garnishing. Blend soup for 15-20 seconds, until completely smooth. Return it to saucepan and add milk. Stir thoroughly and reheat until piping hot. Taste and adjust seasoning.Meanwhile, toast slices of French bread, sprinkle remaining Parmigiano-Reggiano on top and grill until melted. Ladle soup into warmed bowls, then top each portion with one piece of French toast. Sprinkle with fresh parsley or thyme and a little extra ground black pepper, then serve.Cook’s tip: You’ll need roughly 500g (1lb 2oz) of butternut squash when peeled and deseeded. If you have any left over, simply roast it until tender to serve as a vegetable with another meal. To store the soup, cool it quickly, then refrigerate for up to three days, or freeze for up to three months. Email NewsParmigiano-Reggiano and Butternut Squash SoupBy admin – January 6, 2011 615 Twitter Advertisement Previous articleCounty convention votes in favour of new hurling boardNext articleLimerick to get 240 places in work programme admincenter_img WhatsApp Linkedin Facebook Printlast_img read more

Police: Father charged in connection with fake kidnapping, death of infant

first_imgSan Antonio Police Department (SAN ANTONIO) — The father of an 8-month-old baby was among three people arrested on Thursday in connection to the child’s disappearance. Authorities are also now saying the child is likely dead, though they have not recovered his body.Authorities reported the child, King Jay Davila, as missing last week after his father told police he was kidnapped from his car in San Antonio. But after sharing surveillance footage of the child’s alleged kidnapping, police determined it was the child’s cousin and the “staged” kidnapping was done “to cover up foul play,” according to San Antonio Police Chief William McManus.McManus said Monday the kidnapping was a staged event “without a doubt.”On Thursday, the child’s father, Christopher Davila, grandmother, Beatrice Sampayo, and cousin, Angie Torres, were all charged with tampering with evidence in the case. The charge is a third-degree felony.“We have statements from multiple witnesses that lead us to believe that King Jay is deceased,” McManus said Thursday. “We charged [Davila, Sampayo and Torres] with tampering with evidence because we believe that they participated in staging the kidnapping to hide King Jay’s body so we couldn’t find it to determine what happened to him.”Torres, who was the one seen taking Christopher Davila’s car from a convenience store in the surveillance footage, is also being held on an unrelated aggravated robbery charge, San Antonio ABC affiliate KSAT-TV reported. She is being held on $50,000 bond, according to jail records.Investigators say they’ve received information from one of the relatives that Christopher Davila “severely injured” the child, but no other details have been released.While authorities have not found the infant’s body, McManus said the case was “unraveling thread by thread.”Police said the child’s mother, Jasmine Gonzales, continues to be under investigation in the case.“Every parent out there, everyone understands, ‘How can someone do that to a child?’” McManus said at Thursday’s press conference. “This kidnapping was used as a ruse to cover up what we believe early on was foul play. What other purpose would you fake a kidnapping other than to hide something?”Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.last_img read more

7-year-old trick-or-treater ‘clings to life’ after being shot by ‘cowards,’ says superintendent

first_imgkali9/iStock(CHICAGO) — A 7-year-old girl was clinging to life Friday morning after she was shot by “cowards” while trick-or-treating with her family on Halloween, said Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson.The shooting occurred on a packed street in the Little Village neighborhood on Chicago’s West Side, where dozens of kids dressed in costumes were trick-or-treating for Halloween. The 7-year-old was dressed as a bumblebee, the Chicago Sun-Times reported.“Obviously the little girl wasn’t the target. We think two gangs were having a dispute and one of them shot at the other,” Johnson told reporters Friday morning. “She just was in the wrong place at the wrong time.”Police say the child was shot in the lower neck area and is in critical condition, but has been stabilized, Johnson said.A man who police believe was the likely target was shot in the hand during the incident, Johnson said.The superintendent called the shooting “reprehensible.”“Those involved don’t deserve to be in our city,” he said. “I’m disgusted but committed to doing everything we can to find the cowards that would engage in a gun battle during the early evening hours while children are trick or treating.”“We heard the shots,” Lali Lara, who works in a nearby cellphone store, told the Chicago Tribune. “The girl’s father was screaming, ‘My little girl’s been shot.’”One person of interest has been identified, Johnson said, adding, that there were “multiple offenders,” though the specific number is unclear.“Detectives have been working through the night to follow leads and chase down every bit of video available” along that street, said Johnson.A suspect was wearing a Jason Halloween mask, Johnson said.Johnson said phones were “ringing off the hook” Thursday night as community members passed along information.“There’s no place for offenders to hide when all eyes are searching,” Johnson said. “I am asking anyone who knows anything to stand up and do the right thing.”Copyright © 2019, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.last_img read more