Print Andrew [email protected] up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up REPORTS of a missing woman this Sunday night emerged to be a false alarm, albeit with good intent, emergency services have said.Shortly after 8:30pm the alarm was raised that a woman was seen very close to the canal on Old Park Road, Corbally.Further reports emerged that someone believed they heard a person shouting for help from The Shannonfields / Lucas Pond area.Limerick city fire and rescue mobilised three fire appliances including specially trained swift water rescue technicians.The coast guard helicopter Shannon based rescue 115 arrived to assist by using its thermal imaging camera and its search light assisted in the search.Limerick Marine Search and Rescue also mobilised its crews and water crafts.The search was stood down just after 10pm and it was put down as a false alarm with good intent. NewsBreaking newsSearch crews stood down over false alarmBy Staff Reporter – October 4, 2015 629 Facebook WhatsApp Previous articleOctober, November concerts for St Mary’s CathedralNext articleGAA – Action from Patrickswell versus Adare SHC Semi Final Staff Reporterhttp://www.limerickpost.ie Linkedin Advertisement Twitter Email
Twitter RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Twitter Google+ Facebook Important message for people attending LUH’s INR clinic PSNI investigate hit and run involving jeep stolen in Castlefinn News, Sport and Obituaries on Monday May 24th Police in Strabane are investigating a hit and run involving a jeep stolen last week in the Castlefinn area.Its reported the jeep, a Burgundy coloured Suzuki collided with another motorist on the Barnhill Road in Strabane on Monday last.The jeep which was reported stolen in Castlefinn has since been recovered after being abandoned after the collision.Police say the occupants subsequently made off on foot.Anyone who witnessed the incident or may have dashcam footage or can assist police with enquiries is asked to come forward. Facebook Google+ By News Highland – July 8, 2019 WhatsApp WhatsApp Previous articleDMC postpone August Mini Stages RallyNext article“I did support Ramelton festival” – Mc Bride News Highland DL Debate – 24/05/21 Arranmore progress and potential flagged as population grows Homepage BannerNews Pinterest Loganair’s new Derry – Liverpool air service takes off from CODA Pinterest Nine til Noon Show – Listen back to Monday’s Programme
President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo has issued a presidential regulation (Perpres) on remuneration for the directors of the preemployment card program amid ongoing evaluations of several irregularities surrounding the program’s training courses.Presidential Regulation No. 81/2020 sets the salary levels for the program’s management – comprising an executive director and a maximum of five directors – at Rp 47 million (US$3,224) to Rp 77.5 million per month.According to Article 2 of the regulation, a copy of which was obtained by The Jakarta Post, the program’s president director is entitled to a monthly salary of Rp 77.5 million. Read also: Govt to give social aid to preemployment card beneficiaries while training courses are evaluated“By issuing the Perpres, it means the government will restart the program,” the National Mandate Party (PAN) politician said, adding that the regulation alone would not help Jokowi’s administration to solve the problems surrounding the program.The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) recently revealed its findings surrounding irregularities in the program, from participant eligibility to the appointment of the eight digital platforms for the program that might not have gone through the proper procedures for goods and services procurement among other issues.The antigraft body also raised the issue of potential conflicts of interest with 250 courses offered under the program, as they were run by firms linked to partnering platforms. The preemployment card committee finally suspended the sale of course bundles offered by partnered learning platforms after discovering lapses in accountability.Separately, Kurniasih Mufidayati of the Prosperous Justice Party (PKS) said the government should evaluate the program, citing the need for more financial assistance for workers and members of the public affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.”The government should focus on and prioritize the card’s beneficiaries. They have been affected by the pandemic. The economic situation is very difficult,” she said.The government planned to start in-person training courses in August under the preemployment card program despite the surges in confirmed COVID-19 case numbers since it began to gradually ease restrictions last month.However, Denni Puspa Purbasari, the president director of the program’s management said an exact date had yet to be set.Topics : The operational director is entitled to Rp 62 million per month, the technology director Rp 58 million and the partnership, communication and ecosystem development director Rp 54.2 million, while the monitoring and evaluation director and the legal, general and financial director will receive Rp 47 million each.In addition to their salary, they will also get travel allowances and social security insurance.However, some House of Representatives members have questioned the regulation as they highlighted that the program — which entails a mix of social assistance and up-skilling for laid-off workers affected by the pandemic – had been temporarily suspended.Saleh Daulay, a lawmaker in House Commission IX overseeing health affairs, said the government should have addressed the irregularities in the preemployment card program before setting the remuneration for its management.
RelatedPosts Nigeria plan Cote d’Ivoire, Tunisia friendlies Nigeria’s former U-17, U-20 goalkeeper dies at 26 NFF top shot dies A couple of former Nigerian international players have lambasted former defender Taribo West over his “infantile” remarks against the leadership of the Nigeria Football Federation, including his statement that Nigerian football is “sinking”, which they dismissed as “silly”. Former utility player Pascal Patrick, who was in Nigeria’s 1996 Olympic gold medal-winning U23 squad and is presently Co-ordinator of the Super Eagles as well as Chairman of the Bauchi State Football Association, lashed West as “irrational” and failing to bring any statistics to the table to support his “silly remarks” about the state of Nigerian Football. Patrick said: “What I know and remember is that this year, Nigeria finished third from the biggest-ever AFCON championship in history (involving 24 teams) and Nigerians are excited about a young and strong team that almost defeated Brazil in a friendly match and looks very promising for the future. “I also know that this year, the Super Falcons reached the knockout stage of the FIFA World Cup for the first time in 20 years, and last year, we came very close to reaching the Round of 16 at the FIFA World Cup in Russia.” On his part, former defender Chikelue Iloenyosi described Taribo West’s comments as the “ranting of a disgruntled fellow.” Iloenyosi said: “We are aware of a small group of disgruntled fellows and scandal-mongers to which West now belongs, so we are not surprised. Nigeria has finished this year ranked 31st in the world – the highest for a very long time. “Nigeria won gold and silver in the football event of the African Games in Morocco. Even the losses of the Falcons and the U23 boys in the Olympics race were near misses, as the Falcons only lost out on the away goal rule and the U23 boys lost only one match by the odd penalty goal at the U23 AFCON in Egypt. “Taribo West was appointed to coordinate the 1994 Super Eagles that were honoured by the NFF at the AITEO-NFF Awards earlier this year even though he was only on the fringes and was not in the winning team. We remember how he praised the NFF at the Awards. Now that he has joined those creating a toxic environment, Nigerian Football is ‘sinking’ in his blurred eyes.” Iloenyosi stated any former Nigerian international joining the band of detractors to poison the same football environment from which they all benefitted should be ashamed of himself. He said: “It is a shame for Taribo West to join this negative group. They are not helping Nigerian Football in any way. Despite all their actions and noise, the Nigeria game holds great promises for the near future. Even the Golden Eaglets that lost out in the second round of the FIFA World Cup remains the youngest we have ever presented at that level and they will do very well in their careers and for the senior teams in the near future. “Our responsibility is to provide support and encouragement for those who are in leadership positions and to advice them on certain policies if we see they are going wrong. Not to descend to the level of teaming up with negative and destructive opposition groups.”Tags: Chikelue IloenyosiNigeria Football FederationPascal PatrickTaribo West