Category Archives: rxhfqgghf

David Luiz aims dig at Unai Emery after Arsenal’s win against Manchester United

first_imgAdvertisement David Luiz aims dig at Unai Emery after Arsenal’s win against Manchester United Metro Sport ReporterWednesday 1 Jan 2020 10:33 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link9.6kShares David Luiz says Mikel Arteta has brought happiness back to Arsenal’s players (BT Sport)David Luiz has fired a dig at Unai Emery by admitting that Mikel Arteta has brought happiness back to Arsenal after their victory over Manchester United on New Year’s Day.First-half goals from Nicolas Pepe and Sokratis Papastathopoulos sealed a 2-0 win over Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and a first victory for Arteta since he was appointed last month.Emery was sacked while Arsenal were on a run of just one win in 11 games, while that record was extended to 15 matches following the 2-1 defeat to Chelsea last Sunday.But Luiz insists Arteta has restored confidence following his arrival and believes the mood among the squad during Emery’s reign played a major part in their poor run of form.AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENT‘We have to be honest and admit physically we are not ready, but you have to show heart and this team is ready to change a lot of things,’ Luiz told BT Sport after Arsenal’s win over Manchester United. Commentcenter_img David Luiz admits Arsenal’s players did not enjoy the final stages of Unai Emery’s reign (AFP via Getty Images)‘We showed that today and we are going to do big things in the future but step by step.‘Mikel Arteta is a great coach, he knows football, he was a great player.‘He brings things and I believe in his philosophy. I think he can improve every single player.‘In life when you are happy the results can be totally different. Mikel Arteta can improve every Arsenal player, says David Luiz (AMA/Getty Images)More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man City‘I always like to use the mantra, if you sleep happy you can sleep for hours, it’s better than sleeping sad for eight hours.‘If you work with happiness and believing what you are doing it is totally different, so I’m happy with everybody.‘But you need to understand our season is not there, we started very bad, I have to be honest, but things can change and there are still some titles to fight [for] and improvement for the team for the future.’More: Manchester United FCRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starNew Manchester United signing Facundo Pellistri responds to Edinson Cavani praiseEx-Man Utd coach blasts Ed Woodward for two key transfer errors Advertisementlast_img read more

Governor Wolf Announces DCNR Rangers, Managers will Carry Naloxone to Combat Opioid Overdoses

first_img April 12, 2017 SHARE Email Facebook Twitter Press Release,  Public Safety,  Substance Use Disorder Lewisberry, PA – Governor Tom Wolf today announced that the Department of Conservation and Natural Resources is equipping state park and state forest rangers, managers and assistant managers with life-saving naloxone to minimize opioid overdose fatalities, especially in rural settings such as state parks and state forests where police and first responders may not be readily available.“We are announcing today that DCNR will train and equip 300 employees — state park and state forest rangers, managers and assistant managers — with the life-saving drug naloxone to minimize opioid overdose fatalities,” the Governor said.Governor Wolf was joined at Gifford Pinchot State Park in York County for the announcement by Cindy Dunn, Secretary of the Department of Conservation and Natural Resources; Karen Murphy, Secretary of the Department of Health; and Jen Smith, Acting Secretary of the Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs.“The opioid epidemic is a health crisis that cannot be ignored,” Governor Wolf said surrounded by rangers and DCNR staff at the event. “It affects all groups and locations – urban and rural, young and old, people from all walks of life. Rural areas, including state parks and forests, are not immune to this epidemic.”Since 2015, there have been seven drug-related deaths on DCNR lands, and more than a dozen incidents where assistance was provided related to an overdose.DCNR oversees 121 state parks with most having assigned managers and rangers, and 20 state forest districts encompassing more than 2.2 million acres. The Bureau of Forestry currently has 33 full-time and seasonal rangers policing those 2.2 million acres of state forestlands.“These men and women often are the first responders when tragedy strikes among our more than 38 million state park visitors and as many as 5 million state forest visitors,” DCNR Secretary Cindy Adams Dunn said. “The safety of our visitors is an important priority to DCNR. Naloxone will be an added tool in helping our state park and forest staff provide an important public service.”“First responders across the commonwealth have saved more than 3,000 lives using naloxone,” Department of Health Secretary Karen Murphy said. “Knowing that all state park rangers will now have this medication and are trained to use it adds another opportunity for us to save lives and get people into treatment.”DCNR enforcement officers will complete official naloxone training and maintain current certification status through the Pennsylvania Chiefs of Police Association Training, PA Virtual Training Network. They will carry the naloxone kits in their vehicle when in uniformed patrol status.For more information about Pennsylvania state parks and forests visit the DCNR website at www.dcnr.pa.gov.center_img Governor Wolf Announces DCNR Rangers, Managers will Carry Naloxone to Combat Opioid Overdoseslast_img read more

USS proposes 41% contribution hike to plug funding shortfall

first_imgThe increases come as USS faces an uncertain future. A valuation of the scheme completed last year led to a proposal to close the defined benefit section to future accrual, which in turn prompted widespread strike action across UK universities.A joint expert panel was then set up to scrutinise the contested 2017 valuation of USS, and is due to report back to Universities UK (UUK) and the University and College Union (UCU) – the employer and employee representative groups, respectively – in September.The cost sharing that has been proposed is the default process set out in the scheme’s rules, and is being pursued because the USS joint negotiating committee (JNC) did not reach an agreement on how to address the increased cost of meeting benefits. Under the scheme rules, the increase in the total contribution rate is to be shared between members and employers on a 35:65 basis.A spokesperson for UUK said: “The increases in contributions being proposed will be challenging for both employers and scheme members. This temporary fix will lead to difficult decisions at many institutions over financial priorities. Over the summer we will be working with employers and other stakeholders to fully understand the implications.”The UUK spokesperson added that UUK and UCU were committed to reaching an agreement on the 2017 valuation following the joint expert panel’s report.“We hope this agreement will allow the higher levels of contribution increases proposed to be avoided,” the spokesperson added.From September there will be a 60-day consultation with employers and affected employees about the contribution increases. The UK’s largest pension fund has proposed raising combined employer and employee contributions by 41% by April 2020 in order to fund an estimated £900m-a-year (€1bn) funding gap.Under the proposals, members of the £60bn Universities Superannuation Scheme (USS) would increase their contributions in three steps from 8% of salary currently to 11.7% by April 2020, starting from April next year.Employer contributions would increase from 18% to 19.5% from April 2019, ultimately reaching 24.9% from April 2020. In total this would result in combined contributions increasing by 10.6 percentage points, from 26% to 36.6%.The USS trustees have also decided to scrap a policy of matching scheme members’ voluntary contributions to USS Investment Builder – the scheme’s defined contribution section – from April next year. According to a USS spokesman, this would have the effect of reducing the total contribution required from 37.4% – equivalent to £900m – to 36.6%, or £800m.last_img read more

Howe Building ramps up renovating

first_img6 Vance Close, TinarooIT MIGHT be the last place in the Far North to experience a surge in home renovations, but the Tablelands is certainly giving builders plenty of work revamping and reimagining older homes.And for Jesse and Tya Howe, a renovation project at Lake Tinaroo got them not one, but two industry awards. Easy entertaining.Under the Howe Building banner, the pair won both the Far North region and Queensland state award for best Master Builders Home Renovation/Remodelling Project ($276,000-$575,000) for 6 Vance Place. Mr Howe has been in the construction industry for 18 years and established his own business in 2016.He said there were about 50 per cent new builds and 50 per cent renovation projects on the books at the moment. Glorious wooden floors.“We’ve got two new builds happening now – one at Tinaroo and one at Atherton – and a renovation on a rural property at Malanda,” he said.“The house at Vance Place was a standout because of all the beautiful timber features. The floor and deck were made from timber and the custom designed and made timber staircase had a handmade wrought iron balustrading. Room with a view.“I thought it was a unique project and thought we’d have a chance at winning and we did. It was a fantastic outcome.”Mr Howe said the project took 12 months to complete.“I learnt what quality workmanship was early on from my father, who was also a state award-winning builder,” he said.More from newsCairns home ticks popular internet search terms2 days agoTen auction results from ‘active’ weekend in Cairns2 days ago The stunning bathroom.“We offer services in all aspects of building, including building new custom-designed homes and concreting as well as commercial and industrial.“Coming within budget while never compromising the quality is what we strive for and have always succeeded in. Howe Building second year adult apprentice Elima Bourke, tradesmen carpenter Russell Rankine and first year apprentice Zackary Dart with Tya and Jesse Howe.“We are a small family business that offer a more personal approach to building and I like to be on the tools whenever I can.”Howe Building operates from its Yungaburra base. The team includes Mr Howe, two qualified carpenters and two apprentices.last_img read more

Local Company Cutting Jobs

first_imgBatesville-based company Hill-Rom has announced jobs cuts and restructuring.Hill-Rom will lay off 350 employees, which is about 5 percent of its global workforce, according to reports.The hospital bed company expects the layoffs and restructuring to create $30 million in annual savings. The company currently employs around 7,000 people globally, with approximately 2,000 of those located in Batesville.No word on how many of the job cuts will impact local associates.The company also reported that first quarter revenue fell 8.2 percent to 393 million, compared to 428 million in the same quarter last year.last_img

James David Knight

first_imgJames D. Knight, 62, of Aurora, Indiana, passed away Monday July 23, 2018.He was born November 4, 1955 in Milan, IN, son of Nedra “Joann” (Walker) Knight and the late James H. Knight.David served his country as a member of the United States Army.He worked as a Truck Driver. David was a former member of the Aurora American Legion and the Aurora VFW.David enjoyed going to the Rising Star Casino with his family. He was a very talented artist; he sketched amazing scenery pictures, castles and portraits. He loved Virginia Beach, fishing, Blue Grass Music and westerns, and he enjoyed tinkering around the garage. David had a wry sense of humor.David is survived by his mother, Joanne Knight and his son, Wade G. Knight, both of Aurora, IN; cousins, Lynn Holtegel, Janice Smith, Keith Rozin, Shelley DiPierro, Jim DiPierro and Mike DiPierro.He was preceded in death by his father, James H. Knight, and a brother, Daniel L. Knight.Services will be held at the convenience of the family.Contributions may be made to the Charity of Choice. Please call the funeral home office at (812) 926-1450 and we will notify the family of your donation with a card.Visit: www.rullmans.comlast_img read more

AquaTrojan Swimming State Finals Results

first_imgThe Indiana High School Boys Swimming State Finals got underway Friday, February 28th, at The IUPUI Natatorium in Indianapolis.The East Central AquaTrojans 200 Medley Relay team of Nick Weber, Jackson Ketham, Matt Baddinghaus, and Owen Matthew placed 28th in the Preliminaries. Ketcham also finished 26th in the 200 Free and the 500 Free.  Weber was 26th in the 50 Free. John Crawley placed 25th in The Diving Preliminaries.Congratulations to The AquaTrojans and Coach Brandon Loveless on a sensational season!last_img

Pochettino unhappy with ref treatment

first_img The former Argentina international was irked by referee Mark Clattenburg’s failure to award his side two penalties at Goodison Park and believes those decisions are just the tip of the iceberg. “I was angry about some of the refereeing decisions,” Pochettino said. “There was not one, but actually two clear penalties not given to us. “We have been suffering all season long. Many injustices have gone against us. It is easier to referee a Southampton side that are all young, friendly players. It is very easy to have decisions not go for us. It is a lot easier to have decisions to go against us. “We just want Southampton to be refereed with the same rigour as all other clubs are judged. “We want the same treatment as all other clubs. Nothing better, nothing worse – just the same. “We don’t want to be judged by the young, handsome players that we have. We don’t want to be judged in that sense. “We want to be judged in the same manner, being judged by the same rigour, in the same way that all other clubs are. We just want it to be fair, basically.” Pochettino was quick to reject the notion that his players need to show a nastier streak and laughed off the old saying ‘nice guys never win’. “I said that we seem to be good people, not that we are,” he said. “We can be a***holes as well.” There is certainly a dollop of attitude within the Southampton ranks, of which the eccentric Dani Osvaldo is a prime example. The Italy international arrived at St Mary’s in a club record deal in the summer with a history of alleged bad behaviour. Osvaldo has been relatively well behaved since moving from Roma, but has not featured for Saints since being charged with violent conduct by the Football Association. The forward was reprimanded following an altercation towards the end of the 1-1 draw at Newcastle, but Pochettino insists his absence is not discipline-related and revealed the club have appealed the charge. “Yes, the club appealed,” Pochettino said, speaking ahead of the New Year’s Day clash with Chelsea. “If we want to defend our player it is because we believe our player deserves to be defended. “We will see today the progress of Osvaldo. He picked up a knock against Newcastle and then (had) an illness, so hasn’t been able to train for the last 15 days.” While Osvaldo might be available, Saints will definitely be without Artur Boruc and Victor Wanyama for the match that once more pits Pochettino against an old friend. Jose Mourinho was amongst those to advise the former Espanyol boss to take the St Mary’s hotseat in January and won their only previous Premier League duel 3-1 at the start of the month. “Our mentality never changes, our mentality is always to win the next game,” Pochettino added. “That’s what we focus on regardless of who we play or where we are playing. “On Wednesday we are going to be facing Chelsea who are one of the best in England, one of the best in Europe probably, but our focus doesn’t change. “We want to be 100 per cent focused on attack, 100 per cent focused on defence and get the win.” Southampton manager Mauricio Pochettino believes officials have treated his side unfairly this season due to their young, friendly image. Much has been made of Saints’ attractive free-flowing style and their focus on nurturing homegrown talent, with eight of their starting XI in Sunday’s 2-1 defeat at Everton eligible for England. Three of those players are teenagers from the club’s famed academy – an admirable philosophy but one manager Pochettino feels is costing his side. Press Associationlast_img read more

Lukaku shows support for Anelka

first_imgNicolas Anelka has been given the public support of former Chelsea team-mate Romelu Lukaku after being charged over his controversial ‘quenelle’ gesture. Press Association West Brom’s French striker Anelka is facing a minimum five-match ban after being charged over the salute which some people regard as anti-Semitic. But Belgium forward Lukaku, who is on-loan at Everton, said the gesture should not be “a big deal”. “He has not indicated one bit of remorse or regret or apologised for his actions. “He has simply said he wouldn’t do it again and that is not good enough.” The quenelle has been described as an inverted Nazi salute and was created by French comedian Dieudonne M’Bala M’Bala, who has been prosecuted for anti-Semitism. Anelka is a friend of Dieudonne’s and the player has insisted his salute was a gesture of support and aimed at the French establishment. Mark Gardner of the Community Security Trust, which advises the Jewish community on security and anti-Semitism, said the FA should take action against Anelka. He said: “Anelka has introduced a very ugly phenomenon into British football. Anelka’s action risks the ‘quenelle’ being taken up by actual anti-Semites and used against British Jews: as it has been in France and elsewhere. The FA should throw the book at him.” Speaking in a video interview posted on Everton’s website and later removed, Lukaku said: “He was my idol as a kid and he still is. “I don’t think he should be banned for that, he was just supporting a comedian in France. We don’t have to make such a big deal about it. “I hope he doesn’t get suspended because he is a player people want to play on the pitch.” Everton distanced themselves from 20-year-old Lukaku’s interview, which was conducted after the 1-1 draw at West Brom on Monday. Anelka was charged by the Football Association with making an improper gesture and that it was an aggravated breach, in that it included “a reference to ethnic origin and/or race and/or religion or belief”. Under new FA rules, such aggravated offences carry a minimum five-match ban and possibly a longer suspension. Anelka has denied the salute was anti-Semitic, but pressure groups have called for him to face significantly more than the minimum five-match ban due to his lack of apology. Jonathan Arkush, vice-president of the Board of Deputies of British Jews, told Press Association Sport: “I know under the rules that on a first-time offence there is a minimum five-game suspension but I think what he did was sufficiently serious to justify a longer suspension than five matches. last_img read more